Friday, December 01, 2006

Molly

Meet Molly, the Chester Zoo's two week old Rothschild giraffe. I saw her picture and couldn't resist sharing it with you. Isn't she a wonderful combination of beauty and young gawkiness? Don't you just want to pet her and kiss her little forehead and love her up?

Isn't the world a wonderful place to have such an amazing creature in it? Wasn't it worth getting up this morning?

Particularly since we are being sent home from work three hours early because Juneau expects 14 inches more snow by nightfall, isn't a giraffe a wonderful concept? Ah, the Serengeti Plains -- no snow, no icy roads, no Care-A-Van calling to tell me that they can't get up my hill, so once more it is the one cab with studs and four-wheel drive!

I am going to go out to linner (late lunch, early dinner) and then take a cab home. A good, balanced meal without having to cook. Maybe some leftovers to take with me.

Richard is planning to come and fix my computer (the part is here!!!) on Saturday, so I should be posting by tomorrow evening and all will be right with my world. Assuming they ever manage to get the road to my place ploughed to the sides so that the fuel truck can get up there before we run out of heating oil!

Life on the new frontier is full of excitement.

14 comments:

donna said...

Stay warm, my dear!

Betty said...

You make me feel ashamed for griping about the inch or two of ice and snow that we got here. Fourteen inches would shut my little town down completely, since we have no equipment to take care of it.

Uncivil said...

Wow!...I wouldn't have expected a newborn baby giraffe to have that much meat on her bones already? I mean.....she looks a little chubby for a giraffe? But it does make her look that much more adorable. Great picture.

Anna said...

Oh, those wobbly concertina legs. Molly's that is.

Anonymous said...

Molly is a funny little girl! Hope you enjoyed your linner. Be cozy. Best, Marianne

Anonymous said...

That photo is great. All legs and reticulation. Hope that the snow doesn't have you all off balance like the giraffe!

Cuppa said...

Absolutely wonderful picture of Molly.I love it.

She looks like I feel trying to keep my footing and maintain some balance during this busy season.

We had a sleety, freezing, icy storm yesterday, but the sun is shining brightly today. Yahoo. You can send us some of your snow if you like. I would love some.

Cherry said...

Oh.. I'm chilly just thinking about the weather up there, and the thought of running out of heating oil. Bad, bad thought.

Cuddle up and stay warm this weekend! And I am sending Richard good vibes at getting your computer back in working order so your weekend posts may return.

J said...

VERY cute little giraffe!

I hope your computer woes go away soon, and you can stay warm. :)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh Molly is so cute J. Sweet little thing.

We got hit with a lot of snow yesterday....beautiful, but a headache to shovel out of.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everything to go well with your computer. I know you've been really missing it and posting as much as you're use to. It really puts a damper on things, doesn't it? Happy Blogging....

Anonymous said...

OH, this picture put a HUGE, silly grin on my face. Absolutely gorgeous, that 'little' guy! Thanks for posting it!
Hope all is well up your way! Bundle up & stay warm!

Ginnie said...

Thank you, thank you...Molly made my day !

kenju said...

Take care in all that snow! I don't envy you that at all. The giraffe is so precious and I want to hug her neck and look at her eyelashes!

Lorna said...

It's funny, I'm aberrant in that I am seldom moved by animals...but I did watch every horse movie ever made before my daughter turned 30...and now she's watching them with her daughter.