Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Wonder & Delight

I just had a call from my landlady. The snow plows have finally managed to get the snow removed clear to the sidewalks from one of the two roads that lead up to our building and the fuel truck has been able to get up the hill! We have been out of fuel since Sunday morning, but the man is filling the tanks as I write and then my landlady will go in and start the pilot lights on my heaters (one upstairs, one down) and when I get home the apartment will be warm as toast. Ah, tonight I can sleep in one nightie and without my heavy bathrobe and socks!

5 comments:

Ginnie said...

Bless your heart. Two years ago we had a sudden ice storm, very unexpected, and I was out of electricity for 2 days. I remember thinking that it would be OK...I could get under my elec. blanket and stay warm...and then, oops...I'd forgotten that they don't work too well without the electricity!! Glad you're back in business and snuggly warm.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Looks like we've both been chilly lately J; but mine was due to furnace problems. Cheers to being warm and toasty.

Susan B said...

Ah, toasty heat! It's a lovely thing. When I was in high school, we lived in a house that was heated with propane, which was very expensive at the time. I remember many times we relied on the fireplace for heat. Fortunately in that part of the world it never got much below freezing.

gawilli said...

We were without heat for three days during a bad ice storm turned blizzard a few years ago. I was burning everything I could find in the fireplace to keep warm and heat what food I could find. I was amazed at how dependent we are. Hope you have a nice warm night!

Cherry said...

YAY Heat!
Hope you had a lovely and toasty evening.