Monday, January 15, 2007

In a Nutshell
I

So, I was visiting Gawilli at Back In The Day and she is doing this exercise from a book she was given where a mother answers 201 questions about the family for her daughter. Gawilli is up to question 3. It looks like a fun thing to do and I decided to join in. I may not go as fast as she does; I can't go any faster.
Julie and I, Fairbanks Alaska. This is one of the few pictures that there is of only the two of us. I take the pictures in our family. Lots of pictures of just Julie or just Richard or the two of them. Sometimes someone took a picture of the three of us and gave it to me. Rarely did anyone take one of only two of us.

In a Nutshell

A place set aside to answer 201 autobiographical questions from a mother for her daughter. This may take awhile... join us if you like.

1. One of mom's traits I admired most was?
My mom taught me to laugh at myself. It is a wonderful thing to be able to do, because it puts what ever is happening (or has happened) into perspective and allows you to deal with it. Times without number the two of us, or the two of us with my Aunt Flo, have doubled over laughing at something one of us has said that punctured the balloon. Things like the time the three of us were in the kitchen cleaning up after a family meal and talking about some good trait or another that both Julie and Richard have, and Aunt Flo said, "Thank God they take after our side of the family!"

6 comments:

kenju said...

What a wonderful exercise and a great way to share yourself with your children and theirs. I don't know if I'll do it - but I might take a cue from you now and then.

J said...

What a nice idea! 201 things, though? Wow. That's a lot.

Mary Lou said...

What a cool idea!! I am doing something similar with my children's scrapbooks.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I first read your blog on that day back in November when your computer made those funny noises and died. Since then I've gone back to the same page over and over and nothing new. I got worried and finally talked to J who said I should click on your link on her page. I'm so glad you're still blogging. I went back and read all of the posts up to today.

Bugwalk said...

I love the photo of you and Julie, and the one of you with all the little boys, and the one of your mother with the post for her birthday. Goodness, she was beautiful!

gawilli said...

I'm so glad you decided to join in!! Not taking yourself too seriously is a great one of life's lessons. I have to work on that daily. Hope you enjoy the "Nutshell"!