Wednesday, January 17, 2007

In A Nutshell
II

In a Nutshell

A place set aside to answer 201 autobiographical questions from a mother for her daughter. This may take awhile... join us if you like.


2. If, growing up, I had any trouble with my mom, it was in this area:
Mama would probably say that the major trouble we had was over chores. I've already told you that, because I was always accused of not having done them, I let them go until Daddy was home so that he would see me do them and so couldn't make that claim. This was hell for Mama, because he hated it when I left my chores till the last minute, and would carp and complain about it the rest of the evening and I would get grounded and he would add it to the list of my sins which were repeated on a regular basis. So, she would try her best to get me to do them before he got home. She would nag and plead and beg and try to negotiate. I would say, "as soon as I finish this chapter" for chapter after chapter. Once, when she came in and I started to give my usual put off, she pounced with, "That isn't the same book you were reading last time I was in! Don't tell me you can start a new book without finishing the chapter!"

No comments: