Friday, July 27, 2007

Why I Could Never Live In Wrangell

So, check out Wrangell if you wish. As of the census of 2000, there were 2,308 people and 907 households in the "city". When I visited in 1995 I was charmed by it. Until I saw this.

Do click and enlarge this picture. Then, notice the scale of the Wrangell Book Store to the Wrangell Auto Parts store. And realize that the blue building also holds art objects and supplies.

What more do I need to say? I have more books on my humor book case than are contained in that entire "store".

Other than that, you can find one rack of mysteries in the grocery, one rack of science fiction in the pharmacy, and one rack of general fiction in the Ben Franklin. There is a fourth book rack, I don't remember what store it was in, but it held cowboy and romance novels.

1 comment:

J said...

I guess you'd have to be addicted to Amazon, huh? And while I love Amazon, there's nothing like coming across a book unexpectedly in the store, reading the first chapter right there, and realizing it's your new friend. No Wrangell for me, then, either.