Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Weather Note

I couldn't get the graphic with the weather report to copy, since it isn't the correct format, but I got this map of our current situation. Anyway, the temperature is 3º, with blue sky and wind. Yahoo weather says it is "very cold" -- I agree. When the wind blows and there is a wind chill factor it will feel even colder. It's so cold that I put on slippers when I got up this morning instead of running around bare foot. In 2005, the last time we had one of these severe (for Juneau, not for Alaska) cold snaps, I couldn't sleep for cold feet and Richard gave me a pair of his thick white socks to wear to bed and these slippers. I have an electric blanket now, so I don't need the sleeping socks, but the slippers are wonderful!

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

I feel like such a wimp. I have an electric blanket and still start the night with socks on !! ...and this is in North Carolina. I can't imagine how I'd survive in your weather.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.