I, however, did not shove my feet into these things.

I had sandals that looked like this custom made to fit my feet. I was comfortable. Not only that, but I still am.
Most women my age have bunions and other distortions of their feet from wearing those cruel shoes.
But I started out with these feet with their wide toes. They would have suffered so from being crammed into needle nose shoes. Look at those toes -- see how they spread? I can pick things up with them. I can write with them. I can use the toes on one foot to take the sock off the other foot. I can't get them to close unless I make a fist with them. And, because I was a hippy and so avoided hurting my feet,
they still look like this. Toes still spread. No bunions. No corns. No pain, as long as I get shoes that are wide enough. Ah, I'm so lucky to have hippy feet.Click on pictures to enlarge. See just how my toes still spread in the snow prints.

6 comments:
I loved the pointed toe shoes with high heels, but my feet are slim and my toes sort of curve that way anyway. I wore those off and on for years, but I was lucky to escape bunions and corns. My foot problem stemmed from sticking one under a lawn mower, accidentally, of course.
I've heard of people suffering for their art, but bare footprints in the snow? Put some (sensible) shoes on!
aq,
I have hot feet. Walking in the light snow for a few steps feels very good some days. So, I didn't suffer for my art at all.
Well let me try again...my 'puter is kicking me off every time I try to post. Ill make this one shorter!
I said I used to do that, but now the only time my feet are cold is when I am in bed. They just stay cold all the time. (diabetes)
Ah, yes. The good old days. I wore those shoes to work every day, along with a long-line girdle and long-line bra. I was so trussed up, I might as well have been wearing a chastity belt. But, I looked GOOD! lol
I love cruel shoes!
Post a Comment